No. 22 Florida Earns First Home Soccer Win, 3-0 Over FIU
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Havana Solaun scored her first two goals of the 2012 season and the 22nd ranked Florida Gators shut out visiting Florida International 3-0.
The Gators dominated the first half with crisp passing and good opportunities on goal.
Senior Erika Tymrak led the point, making good decisions for goals by Solaun in the 13th minute (assist by Tessa Andujar) and giving a helper to Mckenzie Barney in the 27th (co-assist by Jo Dragotta).
Solaun, a Buchholz alum and former Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete of the Week, completed the scoring in the 58th minute after getting set up by Holly King.
Florida's next match is a home contest against New Mexico on Sunday, September 9th at 1 p.m.
- Georgia Tech Awaits Rematch with Florida After 3-0 Win Over Charleston
- Gator Soccer Earns Share of SEC Title With Win Over Georgia
- Santa Fe Girls Soccer Earns District Title in Win Over Eastside
- Florida Soccer Opens Season with Win over Miami
- Florida Soccer Advances in NCAA Tournament With 3-1 Win Over Cal; Volleyball Beats Ole Miss
- Gator Roundup: Men's Basketball Stunned in Arizona, Women Get First Road Win, Football Adds Another Recruit
- GHS Football Starts Season 3-0 With Win Over Trinity Catholic
- Gators Blank Commodores, Win SEC Tourney Title, Earn No. 2 Overall Seed In NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Gator Baseball Gets School-Record 15th Straight Win, 10-2 Over Vanderbilt
- Florida Baseball Moves Up To No. 5 In Rankings, Johnson Earns Award