Battle of the Trenches: UF Offensive Line vs. LSU Defensive Line
GAINESVILLE- In one of the crucial games-within-the-game, Florida's offensive line could be the difference in Saturday's football game against LSU.
So far, the offensive line, according to offensive coordinator Brent Pease, has shown signs of maturity.
For example, a unit that allowed 8 sacks against Texas A&M in week two hasn't allowed a single sack in the past two games.
To do that against the Tigers, though, will be a challenge on another level.
LSU boasts two of the top defensive ends in the conference with Barkevious Mingo and Sam Montgomery combining for 8.5 tackles for loss (3 sacks) in 2012.
LSU has also has held opponents to 83 yards rushing per game (9th best in the country), while the Gators have produced 224 yards per game on the ground.
Something will have to give.
- Strong Gator Defense Preparing for Pass Happy LSU Offense
- Muschamp: Gators Faltered on Line of Scrimmage Versus LSU
- Meyer Expects More From Offensive Line
- Gators Hire Mike Summers as Offensive Line Coach
- Gators Offensive Line Struggling; Muschamp Looking for Change
- Gators Offensive Line Heads Into 2013 with Veteran Experience
- Gators Offensive Line Hoping to Put On Better Performance Against Missouri
- Gators Offensive Line On A Mission
- Top Offensive Line Recruit Laremy Tunsil Having Fun With College Decision
- Gator Offensive Line Looks to Gel Before Season Opener