College of Central Florida Baseball Gets Win Over Santa Fe
GAINESVILLE- The College of Central Florida scored seven runs in the second inning and the Saints were never able to fully recover, dropping the first of a three game series to the Patriots 12-8 in Gainesville. The loss is the fourth straight for Santa Fe (23-14, 8-8 MFC).
Dylan Barrow started on the hill for SF and pitched a flawless first inning before running into trouble in the second. CF plated seven runs, three of them earned, on six hits and two SF errors.
The Saints scored one in the third on a sac fly by Jarred Mederos and three more in the fourth on a bases loaded walk and a two RBI single by Casey Scoggins.
CF pulled back ahead 11-4 with a run in the sixth and three in the seventh. Santa Fe put another run on the board in the seventh on Josh Stewart’s second bases loaded walk and one more in the eighth on a fielder’s choice to cut the deficit to 11-6.
The Patriots scored an insurance run in the ninth and the Saints once again tried to mount a rally in the bottom of the inning, plating two before they were cut short.
Santa Fe had 12 hits in all, led by centerfielder Casey Scoggins’ 4-for-6, two RBI performance. Caleb Denmark, Jonathan Camp, and Jamal Martin had two hits apiece.
The Saints and Patriots continue their three game series on Friday in Ocala at 3:00 PM and complete the series on Saturday at 1:00 PM in Ocala.
- Santa Fe College Baseball Downs College of Central Florida
- College of Central Florida Women's Basketball Downs Santa Fe
- Tucker Gets Hits Record, Gators Baseball Gets Win Over Auburn
- Santa Fe College Baseball Wins Conference
- Santa Fe College Baseball Wins State Championship!
- Santa Fe College Baseball Opens Season with Win
- Santa Fe College Baseball Wins Both Games of Doubleheader
- Santa Fe College Baseball Rallies for Win
- Santa Fe College Goes 3 for 3, Winning Baseball and Softball Doubleheader
- Santa Fe Baseball Gets Win On Senior Night