Muschamp Denies Allegations Associated With Auburn Football Report
GAINESVILLE- Will Muschamp denied allegations that he paid a former Auburn football player $400 in cash during Muschamp's tenure as the Tigers' Defensive Coordinator, as suggested by a report from the website roopstigo.com.
In an article titled "Auburn's Tainted Title: Victims, Violations and Vendettas for Glory," Roberts lists a number of possible infractions, as told to her mainly through interviews with former Tigers safety Mike McNeil, including players having their grades changed and illegal financial benefits.
As pertains to Muschamp, Roberts writes: "McNeil recalls having a difficult day at practice in 2007 and then-defensive coordinator, Will Muschamp, calling him into his office. “I had no clue what it was about because I’d never directly asked him for anything,” says McNeil. “He slid about $400 over to me. He went into a drawer and gave me money and said, ‘Is this enough? Is this good?’ And I said, ‘Yeah, I’m good.’”
A spokesman for Florida told WCJB TV20 that Muschamp denies those allegations.
Meanwhile, several of the other players who were interviewed besides McNeil have come forward saying Roberts misquoted them. Former Tiger Neiko Thorpe tweeted "While I spoke to Selena Roberts about Mike I have just read her article & not only am I misquoted but my words are very out of context. We didn't talk about NCAA violations or recruiting. I'm proud 2 have played at Auburn & the opportunities it gave me.
- Muschamp Addresses Auburn Allegations Once Again
- Report: Florida, NCAA Probe Violation Allegations
- Will Muschamp Upset with Inaccurate Reporting on Gator Player (WITH FULL VIDEO)
- Muschamp Gives Bye Week Update, Kelvin Taylor Progress & Injury Report
- Auburn, Arkansas Name New Head Football Coaches
- College of Central Florida Allegedly Denies Admission to Students from Ocala School
- Texas DC Muschamp Accepts Gators Football Head Coaching Position
- WIll Muschamp Introduced as UF's New Football Head Coach
- Gator Football Spring Practice Back Under Muschamp Era
- Gator Football Roundup: Muschamp Just Wants to Win, D-Line Pressures, Secondary Gets Picks