Derby Trainer Plesa Pleased With Itsmyluckyday
OCALA- Eddie Plesa says some horses may have better odds in the 139th Kentucky Derby this Saturday (6:24 PM, NBC), but he wouldn't trade Itsmyluckyday for any of them.
With bloodlines that include Triple Crown winners Secratariat (1973) and Seattle Slew (1977), Itsmyluckyday has the pedigree, and the results to show that he's a contender.
Itsmyluckyday won two races earlier this year at Gulfstream Park, and finished second to Orb at the Florida Derby.
Itsmyluckyday trained at Eisaman Equine in Williston with Barry Eisaman before he was sold at aution last year.
- Local Trainer Working with Kentucky Derby Favorite!
- Trainer Likes "Musket Man" to Win Kentucky Derby
- Gator Players Pleased With Arkansas Win & Ready to Move Forward
- BIG BROWN WINS KENTUCKY DERBY
- Toby's Corner Ready for Kentucky Derby
- Derby Draw Filled With North Central Florida Ties
- Animal Kingdom, Broken and Trained in North Central Florida, Wins Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Winning Owner Joins WCJB by Phone
- Luck of the Irish: Eddie Woods Has Broken Another Kentucky Derby Contender
- Barry Eisaman Rooting for Two Particular Derby Contenders