GHS, Bradford Softball Advance To Final Four, PK Yonge Falls Short
GAINESVILLE-Rained out last week, three local softball teams had to wait until Monday night to get their chance to advance to the state Final Four, and two took advantage with wins in their respective regional finals.
In Class 6A, GHS beat Eau Gallie 2-1 and in Class 4A Bradford County beat Astronaut 1-0 as both teams advance to state semifinals on Friday.
Meanwhile, PK Yonge fell short 7-1 against Bishop Snyder for the second straight year in the regional final.
In all, five local teams are still alive in the state championships: Bradford (4A), Suwannee (5A), GHS (6A), Columbia (6A) and Lafayette (1A).
- PK Yonge Sweeps GHS, Buchholz Falls to (19)Bishop Kenny
- Buchholz, Newberry, PK Yonge Advance to Girls Basketball State Final Four
- PK Yonge Softball Wins District Title, Keystone Advances to District Final
- Keystone, Bradford County Softball Advances, Other Area Teams Fall
- GHS, Suwannee, Dixie County Advance in Postseason
- Chiefland HS Softball Advances to Final Four!
- PK Yonge Advances, Buchholz Falls in District Softball Semifinals
- Lafayette Softball Advances to State Final, Suwannee Falls
- PK Yonge Volleyball Comes Up Short Regional Final
- GHS Dominant Over North Marion in Spring Football Game, Vanguard Defense Stout but Falls Short