Kentucky Derby Field Is Set (With Morning Line Odds)
GAINESVILLE- Once again, the rich tradition of horse racing in North Central Florida will be put on display in the 139th running of the Kentucky Derby this Saturday, and the Kentucky Oaks this Friday.
At least eight horses in the field of 20 in the Derby have ties to North Central Florida, most of them training as yearlings before being sold to their current owners.
The following are the horses, with post position, morning line odds, and North Central Florida ties where applicable. The Kentucky Derby is Saturday, with post time set for 6:24 p.m.
1ST- BLACK ONYX, 50-1, Kinsman Farm (Ocala)
3RD-REVOLUTIONARY 10-1, Niall Brennan (Ocala)
4TH GOLDEN SOUL 50-1
5TH-NORMANDY INVASION 12-1
6TH- MYLUTE 15-1
7TH GIANT FINISH 50-1
- Kentucky Derby Winner Orb is Belmont Morning Line Favorite
- Bruce Thomas Wins Week 6 High School Play of the Week (With Highlights)
- Will Muschamp Upset with Inaccurate Reporting on Gator Player (WITH FULL VIDEO)
- BIG BROWN WINS KENTUCKY DERBY
- Local Trainer Working with Kentucky Derby Favorite!
- Trainer Likes "Musket Man" to Win Kentucky Derby
- I'll Have Another Wins 138th Kentucky Derby
- Ocala Breeders Association Full of Kentucky Derby History
- Goldencents: Kentucky Derby Horse with Ties to North Central Florida
- Kentucky Derby Preview: Florida Bred Faring Well