Aaron Hernandez's Lawyer Speaks
Published June 25th, 2013
Police again searched the area near the home of New England Patriots tight
end Aaron Hernandez, a week after his friend's body was found about a mile
Some police officers wore wetsuits Monday while searching woods near
Hernandez's home, not far from the industrial park where Odin Lloyd's body
While the legal problems now facing Patriots star Aaron Hernandez are now in
the headlines, he is not alone among Patriots players who have found
themselves in the news for off-field incidents.
Lloyd, a 27-year-old semi-pro football player for the Boston Bandits, was
found slain June 17. His relatives said he was dating the sister of
Hernandez's fiancee, that the two men were friends and that both men were
out together on the last night of Lloyd's life.
An Attleboro District Court official said no new documents were available in
connection with the case Monday morning. The Bristol County district
attorney's office also didn't release any new information about the case,
which their spokeswoman called "an active, ongoing investigation."
A court official said last week that three search warrants had been issued,
but none of them had been returned, meaning they weren't yet public.
Hernandez hasn't commented on the homicide investigation, but has been seen
with his lawyer.
The Patriots drafted Hernandez, who is originally from Bristol, Conn., out
of the University of Florida in 2010. Last summer, the team gave him a five-
year contract worth $40 million.
- Aaron Hernandez's All American Brick Removed from UF
- Police Enter Aaron Hernandez's Home
- Authorities Searched Aaron Hernandez's Secret Apartment
- Aaron Hernandez's Cousin Held Without Bond in Connection to Murder Case
- Aaron Hernandez Former Coaches Speak Out
- Police Search Lake Near Hernandez's Home
- Police Continue Search of Pond Near Hernandez's Home
- Aaron Hernandez Stickers Replaced with Tebow's
- Aaron Hernandez Fiancee Investigated In Links to Lloyd Murder
- Aaron Hernandez Indicted on Murder Charge