Hernandez "Not Ruled Out" As Suspect In Murder Case
NORTH ATTLEBOROUGH, MA- Police plan to go back to the home of New England Patriot's tight endAaron Hernandez today with another warrant based on evidence that "he destroyed his home security system,'' an investigator close to the case told ABC News.
The investigator, and other law enforcement sources, confirmed that the security system - which included video surveillance - was smashed intentionally.
And a cell phone used by Hernandez was handed over to investigators "in pieces'' by his attorneys, the sources said.
Police also want to know why a team of house cleaners were hired on Monday to scrub Hernandez's mansion, sources told ABC News.
The revelations come as multiple sources tell ABC News that the star NFL player has not been ruled out as a suspect in the murder of a semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd, 27, who was Hernandez's friend.
Hernandez has been at the center of the investigation since Lloyd's body was found shot in the back of the head in a scrubby clearing of an industrial park roughly a mile from the Patriots star's million-dollar mansion in North Attleborough Monday.
Police believe Lloyd was killed between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. Monday, but his well dressed body was not found until 5:30 p.m. by a teenage jogger, several law enforcement sources told ABC News on the condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the case.
"He [Hernandez] has not been ruled out. We are not calling him a suspect, but he is definitely not in the clear," said one police official close to the investigation.
- Suspects Plea "Not Guilty" in Seath Jackson Murder Trial
- Fout Pleads "Not Guilty"
- Witness: Passengers were "Freaking Out" Over Flight Attendant Rant
- GAIN Entrepreneur "Shoot Out"
- Family Spotlight 9/15/11 "4H Branches Out"
- Four Employees "Locked Out" of Alachua County Jail
- Hernandez Associates Arrested In Conjunction With Murder Case
- Wallace Waives Extradition to Join Hernandez in MA for Murder Case
- Aaron Hernandez Murder Case
- Aaron Hernandez's Cousin Held Without Bond in Connection to Murder Case