Team USA Advances to Elimination Round of FIBA U19 World Championships
USA Basketball’s U19 team, under the direction of Billy Donovan, earned a 6-0 record during the group stages at the FIBA World Championships in Prague, Czech Republic. The American team next enters the knockout rounds, facing Canada in the quarterfinals on Friday at 2:15 p.m. Eastern.
Florida guard Michael Frazier II (Tampa, Fla.) averaged 6.5 points coming off the bench for the USA in all six games.
The USA preserved its undefeated record with a hard-fought 71-62 win over previously unbeaten Serbia and has Thursday off before Friday’s showdown vs. Canada.
"I think tomorrow we'll just try and regroup a little bit. This was a real physical battle and game," Donovan said. "So we'll have to try and regroup and prepare to play Canada. They dealt with some injuries early on when the tournament started and they appear to be playing pretty well right now. They're a talented team and we'll need to come back and get rejuvenated."
The winner of the USA-Canada meeting will face either Lithuania or China in the semifinals on Saturday. The final will be on Sunday.
- Team USA Moves to 5-0 at FIBA U19 World Championships
- FIBA Team USA U19 Team Improves to 4-0 With Win Over Brazil
- DONOVAN, Team USA win U19 World Championship Opener
- Gator's Young Perfect, Team USA Not in U19 Hoops Loss to Croatia
- Gators G Frazier Earns Spot On Team USA U19 Squad
- Gator Men's Tennis Advances to ITA Indoor Team Championships
- Gator Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Advance in NCAA Championships
- Gator Volleyball Advances to Sweet 16, Eliminate College of Charleston in Straight Sets
- Santa Fe Softball Advances in Babe Ruth World Series, Gainesville and Gilchrist Eliminated
- USA Basketball Defeats China to Advance: Mike Fraizer Shines