Matt Jones Out with Viral Infection; Mack Brown Ready to Compete
GAINESVILLE- Right before fall camp is set to begin for the Gator football team, bad news came for running back Matt Jones.
He has come down with a viral infection and will be out indefinetly, according to Coach Will Muschamp, who says they are giving Jones tons of antibotics.
Jones is set to be the number one back heading into the 2013 season. While he sits out and recovers, Mack Brown will have to step up and take most of the first team reps.
Brown, who rushed for 102 yards in the 2012 season, says he is ready to contribute any way he can.
- Matt Jones and Gator Football in Unchartered Waters with Viral Infection
- Matt Jones Recovering Well from Viral Infection
- Feeling Healthy, Matt Jones Is Ready For Tennessee
- Matt Jones Out For Remainder of Season with Torn Meniscus
- Matt Jones Out For Season Opener; Committee of Running Backs Stepping Up
- Gators Looking Forward to Matt Jones' Return
- Gator Defense Top in the SEC; Matt Jones' Touchdown Celebration Future
- JOHN BROWN MAY BE READY TO JOIN UF
- With Jones Out, Gators Lacking Depth At RB
- Pastor Jones Moving Out