Gators Extend Opening Win Streak to 24 with Win Over Toledo
GAINESVILLE- The Florida Gator football team went into Saturday's season opener with the nation's 2nd longest season opener win streak with 23.
They were looking to keep that streak alive with a matchup against the Toledo Rockets.
The Gators got started early with a Mack Brown touchdown on the opening drive.
Converted DB to RB Valdez Showers showed he can make just as many big plays on offense with several touches including a 29 yard run.
Freshman Vernon Hargreaves III made a splash with an interception and freshman running back Kelvin Taylor paved the way for a great Florida career with several big runs including one for 27 yards.
TV20's Chris Price examines how the veterans are setting the tone for the 2013 team.
Running back Mack Brown ended the day with 25 carries, 112 yards and 2 touchdowns.
Quarterback Jeff Driskel finished with 172 total yards, completing 17-22 passes and 1 touchdown.
The Gators go 1-0 by defeating Toledo 24-6.
Florida travels to Miami next Saturday to take on the Hurricanes.
- Florida Baseball Extends Streak With Win Over Florida State
- Gator Softball Extends Win Streak
- Gator Women's Basketball Extends Win Streak to 9 vs Robert Morris
- Gators Continue Home Winning Streak After Win Over Kentucky
- No. 9 Florida Lacrosse Extends Win Streak to Nine with 15-7 Rout of Fairfield
- Gator Gymnastics Wins Big in Home Opener Over Auburn
- Gator Softball 22 Game Win Streak Snapped
- Gators Push Win Streak to 11 Games, Easily Down Tennessee
- Gators Baseball Winning Streak Ends With Loss To Indiana
- Vols End Gator Volleyball Home Winning Streak in Five-Set Shocker