Murphy Game Time Decision; Gators Looking to Curb Penalties
GAINESVILLE- The Gators offense may be facing another hit as offensive coordinator Brent Pease outlined the possibilities of QB Tyler Murphy's playing time this coming weekend in the game against South Carolina.
Murphy is still feeling pain from an ongoing sore shoulder and will see limited practice time at the beginning of the week due to it. Pease says whether or not he'll play will be a game time choice, but he must see some practice time this week.
If Murphy can't go, then redshirt freshman Skyler Mornhingweg will become the third Gator to start at QB this season.
One way the rest of the team can help either quarterback is by obtaining fewer penalties.
Players seem at a loss as to why penalties are an ongoing problem but say coaches are pointing them out in meetings and that some are inexcusable.
- Gators Kick Off SEC Media Days; First Three Game-Times Announced
- First Three Gator Football Game Times Announced
- Date and Time Set For Gators College World Series Game 1
- Billy Donovan Reinstates F Erik Murphy to Gator Basketball Team
- Gator Quarterback Tyler Murphy Transfers
- Billy Donovan Recaps Memphis Win; Gators Get Transfer with Alex Murphy
- Tyler Murphy Ready for His Moment; Gators to Use Running Back by Committee
- Gators Tyler Murphy Getting Valuable Experience
- Former Gator Murphy Introduced to Chicago Media
- Gator Basketball: The Murphy Factor