Three Gators Named to 2013 Freshman All-SEC Team
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Vernon Hargreaves III, Kelvin Taylor and Johnny Townsend were named to the 2013 Freshman All-Southeastern Conference football team, which was released on Thursday. Florida's three players selected to the Freshman All-SEC team is fourth-most in the conference behind Arkansas, Ole Miss and South Carolina - who each had four players selected.
Hargreaves was the only freshman to be a first team All-SEC selection in 2013. He totaled 35 tackles on the season, with three interceptions and 11 passes broken up. His 11 pass break ups equal the most by a freshman in school history, matching the total Janoris Jenkins had in 2008.
Taylor saw action in 10 games and earned four starts in his true freshman campaign, finishing second on the team with for 508 rushing yards on 111 carries. He also caught five passes for 37 yards. Taylor tied for second among Gators with four rushing touchdowns and finished fourth in total offense.
Townsend led the Gators in punting this season with a 42.0 yard average on 29 punts. He landed six inside the 20-yard line and had five go for more than 50 yards, with a long of 61 yards. Townsend took over the punting responsibilities for Florida for the final six games of the season.
- Nine Gators Voted to 2013 Preseason Media Days All-SEC Team
- GATORS LOAD UP ALL-SEC BASEBALL TEAM
- Sturgis Lone UF Representative on AP All-SEC Teams
- No First-Team Preseason All-SEC Players For Florida Football, But 6 Chosen Overall
- SEC Media Days: SEC Network, Pre-Season All-SEC
- Harrison Bader Named to SEC All-Freshman Team
- Four Gators Earn Spot on SEC All-Freshman Team
- 6 Gators Named to 3 Different Coaches Preseason All SEC Teams
- Logan Shore Name First-Team Freshman All-American
- Turgeon Named Second-Team Freshman All-American