Tim Tebow Signed as ESPN SEC Analyst
Published December 30th, 2013
ATLANTA (AP) - Tim Tebow has his next football job - talking about the sport on TV.
The Heisman Trophy winner has been hired as a college football analyst for the new SEC Network in a return to his Florida glory days, but he still hopes to play quarterback in the NFL.
Tebow will appear on "SEC Nation," a pregame show that will travel to a different campus each week after the channel launches in August. The multiyear deal "will not preclude him from continuing to pursue playing opportunities in the NFL," ESPN, which runs the network, said in a statement Monday.
Tebow did not play in the league in 2013 after he was cut by the Patriots in August. In the span of just over one season, he went from a national sensation who led the Denver Broncos to the playoffs, to a backup, to out of the NFL.
"While I continue to pursue my dream of playing quarterback in the NFL, this is an amazing opportunity to be part of the unparalleled passion of college football and the SEC," Tebow said in a statement released by ESPN.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tim Tebow and SEC Nation Invade Gainesville
- Tim Tebow Signed to Patriots; Fans React
- Meyer Moonlights As ESPN Analyst
- Tim Tebow Currently 4th In Pro Bowl Voting For AFC Quarterbacks
- Tim Tebow Continues to Enter Pop Culture, Mainstream In Different Ways
- Postive/Negative Quotes About Tim Tebow Published As Magazine Article
- Tim Tebow Taking Advantage of Every Opportunity at Patriots Camp
- LSU QB Zach Mettenberger Backtracks After Saying Tim Tebow Has Bad Mechanics
- Tim Tebow Remains Silent on Former Teammate Aaron Hernandez
- Tim Tebow Has First Day Of Practice With Patriots