(2)Florida Gymnastics Improves to 7-0 via Another 10.0
Junior All-American Kytra Hunter finished Florida’s vault rotation Friday with the same score she earned a week ago - a 10.0. It was the second back-to-back vault 10.0s for Florida and the first in 16 years.
Hunter was just a fraction away from turning in her second perfect mark of the evening, as she won floor at 9.975. Gator sophomore Bridget Sloan took the balance beam win at 9.95 and also claimed her sixth-consecutive all-around title at 39.70. She is the defending NCAA champion for both events.
The Gators trailed the Tigers by 0.05 at the midway point of the meet. Florida’s season-best of 49.55 on balance beam gave UF a slender 0.075 lead heading into floor exercise. On its finishing event, Florida tallied a meet-high event total of 49.65, a total which makes UF the nation’s only team to turn in two floor totals of 49.65 or better this season. The Gators set their school record with a 49.875 on Jan. 24 - a total which is the nation’s highest on any event since 2006.
LSU junior Rheagan Courville was the all-around runner-up at 39.675. She shared the evening’s uneven bars title with teammate Sarie Morrison at 9.95.
It was the eighth annual Gators Link to Pink meet. All of the Southeastern Conference’s gymnastics teams will have a pink meet this season, with the intention to help raise awareness about the fight against breast cancer.
- Hunter Records 2nd Straight 10.0; (2)Florida Beats (1)Oklahoma
- Two 10's Highlight Florida Gymnastics Win
- Sloan's Perfect 10 Headlines Gator's Win on Senior Night
- (3)Florida Gymnastics Continues Domination over (11)Georgia
- (2)Florida Basketball Wins Record 18th Straight
- Big Game Hunter: Gators Freshman Gymnast Racking Up Wins
- Gators Gymnastics Fall to LSU
- Gator Recap: Lacrosse, (W)Tennis Win; Gymnastics Falls to LSU
- Hunter Earns SEC Defensive Player of the Week As Florida Enters Bye Week
- No. 1 Florida Baseball Blanks Winthrop 10-0