Florida Baseball and Softball are WInners on Wednesday
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - The No. 1 Gator Softball team won its home opener Wednesday, defeating Jacksonville University 6-0 on Wednesday night at Katie Seashole Pressly Softball Stadium.
Lauren Haeger (Peoria, Ariz.) pitched a four-hit shutout with no walks and seven strikeouts, improving to 4-0 on the year. The junior also contributed offensively, blasting a two-run home run for her team-leading fifth homer of the year in the fifth inning.
Left fielder Taylore Fuller (Trenton, Fla.) opened the scoring with a leadoff homer in the third, her third home run of the season. First baseman Taylor Schwarz (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.) singled to start the next inning, then advanced to second on a sacrifice bunt and scored on an errant JU throw to put the Gators ahead 2-0.
Freshman Justine McLean (Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.) hit a two-out single in the fifth, setting up Haeger's home run that gave Florida a 4-0 lead. The Orange and Blue then loaded the bases in the sixth on a walk and two singles. Fuller notched her second RBI with a single that plated catcher Aubree Munro (Brea, Calif.). A sacrifice fly from second baseman Kelsey Stewart (Wichita, Kan.) brought in UF's sixth run to produce the final margin and extend the Gators' winning streak to a dozen games to begin the season.
- Haeger Powers #1 Florida Softball to 2 Wins
- Florida Baseball Falls to Jacksonville in Defensive Showcase
- Gator Baseball Falls to Florida State in Jacksonville
- Florida Baseball a Winner over Top-Ranked Florida State
- Gator Softball Dominates Liberty 11-0
- Gator Softball Hands (3)LSU their First Loss of the Season
- North Marion Softball Wins District 6-5A Title, Colts Baseball Also Wins
- North Central Florida Reacts to Redskins Name Change
- Babe Ruth Softball World Series Underway in North Central Florida
- Lafayette Beats Bell In North Central Florida Softball Showdown