Hunter Records 2nd Straight 10.0; (2)Florida Beats (1)Oklahoma
No. 2 Gator gymnastics team defeats No. 1 Oklahoma 197.875-197.225
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - In a match-up of the nation’s top two gymnastics teams, it was the No. 2 Florida gymnasts taking the win over No. 1 Oklahoma Friday in front of a Stephen C. O’Connell Center crowd of 7,260. The Gators posted a 197.875 and the Sooners earned a total of 197.225.
Friday’s meeting brought together the top two teams from the 2013 NCAA Super Six team final. Florida won its first NCAA title at 197.575 and Oklahoma was runner-up at 197.375.
Kytra Hunter equaled the Gators’ floor exercise record of 10.0 for the second consecutive meet, making her the first to earn multiple perfect floor scores in school history. Florida’s floor exercise set didn’t reach the lofty total it set last week versus Georgia (49.875), but its 49.575 tonight still stands as the nation’s second-highest total on the event in 2014.
- (2)Florida Gymnastics Improves to 7-0 via Another 10.0
- Two 10's Highlight Florida Gymnastics Win
- Gator Gymnastics sets Record with Three Perfect 10.0's
- (2)Florida Basketball Wins Record 18th Straight
- Sloan's Perfect 10 Headlines Gator's Win on Senior Night
- Mizell Minute: 4-20-15
- Gator Gymnastics Tops UCLA in First Home Meet of Season
- (3)Florida Gymnastics Continues Domination over (11)Georgia
- Florida Women Win 2nd Straight over Ranked Opponent
- Alabama Defeats Florida in SEC Championship for 2nd Straight Year