Turgeon, Tofft Sign to Play Professional Ball
Tofft helped lead Florida to a national championship last week to complete her two-year career in Orange and Blue. The Lincoln, Calif., native finished her UF tenure with a .344 average, 97 runs scored, 18 home runs and 118 RBI. During the 2014 campaign, Tofft ranked second on the squad with a .356 batting clip, 68 hits, 12 doubles and 65 RBI, while her 54 runs scored, 11 home runs and .592 slugging percentage were good for third on the Gators.
Akron's newest member hit. 433 with a team-best three doubles in the NCAA Tournament, and Tofft led the Gators with six RBI at the Women's College World Series. The third baseman was second on the team with 18 multi-hit games and 18 multi-RBI contests during her senior year. Including her two years at Northern Illinois, Tofft was a .373 hitter in college, slugging 26 home runs and driving in 185 runs. The Racers signee earned National Player of the Week honors on April 22, in addition to two conference player of the week honors during her collegiate career.
- Rick Johnson Signs to Play Football
- Gainesville High's Johnson Signs To Play College Basketball
- Union County's McAllister, Starling Sign To Play College Ball
- Buchholz, Santa Fe, PK Yonge Athletes Sign to Play College Ball
- Malu(Eastside), Three St. Francis Wolves Sign to Play College Ball
- Olinger(Oak Hall), Vasquez(Buchholz) Sign to Play College Ball
- Three North Central Florida Athletes Sign to Compete at the Next Level
- Gators Linebacker Neiron Ball Cleared To Play
- Henry Montgomery Signs with Florida Tech to Play Baseball and Football
- Gator Baseball Freshman Casey Turgeon Getting Comfortable