UF Volleyball Wins Two in Day One of the Active Ankle Challenge
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- An electric night in the O’Dome capped off an undefeated 2-0 opening day for the No. 10 Gator volleyball team, as the Orange and Blue swept the Idaho Vandals 3-0 (26-24, 25-17, 25-13) in front of 3,423 Orange and Blue faithful for their second victory Friday.
Middles Simone Antwi (.476) and Rhamat Alhassan (.812) both stacked double-digit kills, with 13 each, while the dynamic duo also combined for four roofs up front. Antwi notched a team-best 15.0 points, while Alhassan (14.5) and sophomore outside hitter Alex Holston (11.0) joined her with double-digit points. Alhassan brought her season hitting efficiency to a staggering .792 after both of Friday’s tilts. Holston struck with a career-high four service aces, half of the Gators’ eight against the Vandals, rattling off two in a row in the second set.
The final day of Florida’s 2014 Active Ankle Challenge kicks off at noon in the O’Dome Saturday with Idaho vs. Georgia Southern, while the Gators and Oklahoma Sooners will clash at 2:30 p.m. prior to Gator football’s 7 p.m. kickoff against the Vandals. A parking shuttle is available for volleyball fans from the Garage IX lot beginning at 1:30 p.m. Admission is free with a valid UF vs. Idaho football ticket.
- Gator Volleyball Moves to 2-0, Named Active Ankle ACC/SEC Challenge Champs
- Gators Earn Active Ankle Volleyball Title
- Gator Volleyball Preview: Part One
- Buchholz Wins, GHS Falls on Day One of Moramarco Challenge
- Florida Football Falls to FCS Opponent Georgia Southern
- Gator Hoops Recap: Florida Sets Record in Win Over Georgia
- Gator Baseball Falls To Georgia Southern In 12 Innings
- Gator Baseball Beats Georgia Southern 8-2
- Gator Volleyball Opens Season with Two Wins
- Gator Volleyball Makes It Six Straight Wins on Senior Day