Funeral Services For FHP Trooper Chelsea Richard Being Held Thursday
OCALA, Fla. -- Thousands are expected to attend Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Chelsea Richard's funeral services being held Thursday at 2 p.m. at the First Baptist Church of Ocala, 2801 SE Maricamp Road.
Richard, 30, was killed with John Duggan George Phillips on Interstate 75 in Ocala while assisting with another accident Saturday afternoon.
Troopers say certain roadways will be impacted during the funeral procession and traffic may become congested. Traffic will be delayed for a brief time between N.E. 8th Avenue and Baseline Road on S.R. 40, then south on N.E. 25th Avenue to Maricamp Road. Traffic in and around the First Baptist Church of Ocala will also be impacted.
Motorists are urged to seek alternate routes between 12:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. If traveling in the area during this time frame motorists need to be aware of slowing and stopped traffic and pedestrians.
- Funeral Services For Fallen FHP Trooper
- FHP Trooper Remembered By Family At Funeral
- Troopers Ticketing Aggressive Driving
- FHP trooper hurt in crash while escorting body of fellow trooper
- The Florida Highway Patrol Increases Patrols For "Staying Alive On I-75" Initiative
- Florida Highway Patrol Up For Reaccreditation
- Several Children Injured In I-75 Crash Involving FHP Trooper
- Passenger of Small Plane in Palatka Crash Dies
- Manhunt Over For Car Thief
- Delete Teen Crashes Day