Popcorn Machine Fire Leads To Evacuation Of Theater
In Miami Beach smoke alarms sent moviegoers rushing outside of a Regal Cinemas Wednesday evening.
When officials arrived they found a small fire had started in a popcorn machine.
Employees attempted to put the fire out using a dry chemical extinguisher, which can cause irritation if breathed in.
The fumes from the extinguisher and the fire sent smoke through the building, prompting an evacuation.
Fire department officials told theater managers the building could not reopen until all fumes from the extinguisher were cleaned from the air- conditioning and the building.
The theater remained closed for the rest of the night.
- Argument Over Texting Leads To Fatal Shooting Inside Movie Theater
- Miami Beach Teen Dies Shortly After Being Tasered by Police
- Witness Account of Colorado Movie Theater Shooting
- Miami's Wynwood cleared of Zika; focus shifts to Miami Beach
- Another Possible Sinkhole, Residents Forced to Evacuate
- Another batch of Zika-carrying mosquitoes found in Miami Beach
- New Shooting Policy For Miami Beach Police
- Woman Drives into Daytona Beach Ocean
- Child Possibly Bitten by Shark in Panama City Beach
- Shootout at Daytona Beach McDonald's