Sinkhole In The Villages Filled
THE VILLAGES, Fla - Officials say the large sinkhole that opened up Saturday in The Villages has been filled.
It took about 40 truck loads of a mixture of sand and cement, but workers were able to fill the sinkhole overnight. Officials say several of the homes that were threatened will be saved.
A neighbor across the street says he was on his morning walk when he first noticed the sinkhole.
"As I was coming back from my walk I didn't see the tree" said Giovanni Velocci. "I thought someone stole the tree or something"
The sinkhole opened up about three weeks ago and was filled, before opening up again Saturday because of rain.
- Sinkhole Filled
- Sinkhole Opens Up Near Tampa
- One Year Since Sinkhole Accident
- Sinkhole Opens Up in Pine Hills
- Another Possible Sinkhole, Residents Forced to Evacuate
- Prehistoric village found in downtown Miami
- Nations Park In Newberry Filling In Sinkhole
- A Newberry Home Saved From Sinkhole
- Charges Filled in Death of Kolton Shearer
- Sinkhole Swallows Man