103 Booked In Immigration Bust
More than 100 workers have been detained by the state's insurance fraud agency for allegedly working at a local vegetable packing plant using false identities.
Immigration activists say Collier County Sheriff's Deputies booked at least 103 workers into the jail late Wednesday.
Most of the workers were presumed to be in the country illegally.
Reports say the owner claims his company never "knowingly hired any illegals."
Authorities say the charges are connected to identity theft cases in 25 other states.
- Mom Chases Down Burglar...in Flip Flops!
- 10 arrested in retail theft ring bust
- Drug Bust in Citrus County
- Drug Bust in Columbia County
- Man Attempts to Swallow Drugs During Bust
- Gilchrist County drug bust
- Gilchrist County Drug Bust
- Major meth bust in Putnam County
- Two men arrest in drug bust
- Deputies bust suspected human trafficking ring in Columbia County