FSU Law Professor Shot And Killed
The Florida State University community is mourning the loss of a law professor who was shot and killed.
According to an email sent to students and faculty by the school, Dan Markel was taken to the hospital after being shot Friday.
He died from his injuries early Saturday morning.
Markel taught criminal law.
Although a memorial was held, FSU says another memorial will be planned in the fall when more students and faculty are back in Tallahassee.
Police are still investigating the shooting.
- Police: Gunman killed after shooting at FSU
- Woman charged in law professor's killing; has ties to his ex
- Clay County man shot and killed in front yard
- Services Planned For Windermere Officer Shot And Killed
- A confession is made for the killing of a former college professor
- New Reward in FSU Professor's Death
- Man Sentenced To Prison for Killing Professor
- Community celebrates life of 16-year-old shot and killed by law enforcement
- New Hampshire Shooting Kills Police Chief and Injures Four Officers
- Can UF Handle A Situation Like The FSU Shooting?