Obama: Florida's Electoral Votes Make Nice Birthday Gifts
WINTER PARK, Fla. (AP) - President Barack Obama has a simple wish for his upcoming 51st birthday: Florida's 29 electoral votes.
Supporters in suburban Orlando sang "Happy Birthday" to Obama during a campaign rally on Thursday, an early nod to his birthday on Saturday. The president says his birthday wishes probably involve "electoral votes," adding, "Winning Florida wouldn't be a bad birthday present."
Obama is expected to keep a low profile on his birthday, spending the weekend at Camp David, the private presidential retreat in Maryland's Catoctin (kuh-TAHK'-tin) Mountains.
But presidential politics will get the birthday treatment. The president is holding a birthday-themed fundraiser at his family home on Chicago's South Side on Aug. 12.
- Obama Pressing for 'Buffett Rule' in Florida
- Obama: Afghan Shooting Inquiry Will Be Thorough
- Obama: New Jobs Report a Sign Economy on Rebound
- New Poll: Obama Leads Romney in Florida, Bill Nelson Ahead in Senate Race
- President Obama Talks Easy Pleasey Lemon Squeezy With TV 20's David Snyder
- Tea Party's Yoho A Major Upset in Florida
- Obama in First Visit to Hoover Dam: 'Spectacular'
- Mack Attack Ad Blasts Nelson Over Obama Pipeline Call
- Poll Shows President Obama Ahead in Swing States
- Obama and Romney Trade Barbs Over Economic Plans