2 Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan IED Attack
WASHINGTON (AP) - Officials say two soldiers - one from Florida and one from Georgia - have been killed in Paktia, Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense says 1st Lt. Jonathan P. Walsh, 28, of Cobb, Ga., and Pfc. Michael J. Metcalf, 22, of Boynton Beach, Fla., died Sunday after enemy forces attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device.
The soldiers were assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 504th Infantry, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C.
- Soldier Killed in Afghanistan Buried in Panhandle
- Rocket Launches Carrying Satellite to Help Soldiers in Afghanistan
- Soldier from Citra is Killed in Afghanistan
- Soldier's Attorney Plans Trip To Afghanistan
- 4 US Troops Feared Dead in Helicopter Crash in Afghanistan
- Deadly Chopper Crash in Afghanistan
- Attacks Kill 13 in Iraq
- Wife Defends Soldier Accused in Afghan Rampage
- Pentagon Looks Into Motivation Behind Soldier's Deady Rampage
- Prosecutor: Hasan Wanted to Kill Many Soldiers