Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Monkees Star Davy Jones Mourned in Private Funeral
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Monkees star Davy Jones has been remembered in a small private funeral in Florida.
The singer's memorial took place Wednesday at a church near his home in Indiantown, near Lake Okeechobee.
A priest who presided over the service says he remembered Jones as a man who took himself lightly, considered neighbors friends and "conveyed to the world a blissful lightness of being."
Another service is scheduled for next week in his hometown of Manchester, England. Discussions are still under way for a public memorial to be held in either New York of Los Angeles.
Jones died of a heart attack last week at the age of 66. He rose to fame as a heartthrob member of The Monkees with chart-toppers including "Daydream Believer" and "I'm a Believer."
- Ex-Monkees Band Member Davy Jones has Died
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- Zimmerman Wants Evidence Private in Martin Case
- Trayvon's Funeral Director: No Signs of Fight
- Country Music Star is Buried in her Florida Home Town
- Mourning the Loss of Officer Killed in the Line of Duty
- Town Mourns Ariz. Hotshots as Storms Threaten Fire
- Tampa Family Mourns after Murder Suicide
- Unions Thank Senator Oelrich For Anti-Prison Privatization Stance
- Prison Privatization Vote