Trayvon's Funeral Director: No Signs of Fight
MIAMI (AP) - The funeral director who oversaw slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin's burial says the body bore no signs of a fight.
Richard Kurtz says there were no notable marks on Martin's hands, face or body other than the gunshot wound that killed him. Kurtz says he expected to see some marks if Martin had been in a fight.
The 17-year-old Martin was killed Feb. 26 by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the city of Sanford, where Martin was visiting. Zimmerman claims Martin physically attacked him after Zimmerman questioned why he was in the neighborhood.
Kurtz says the condition of Martin's body raises questions about Zimmerman's self-defense claim. Zimmerman has not been charged, leading to racially-tinged protests around the country. Martin was black; Zimmerman's father is white and is mother Hispanic.
- Trayvon's Mother Thinks Shooting was an Accident
- Video Shows Zimmerman's Account of Deadly Fight
- CDC director: Miami mosquitoes succumbing to aerial sprays
- 'Justice for Trayvon' Rallies Set For 100 Cities Nationwide
- Trayvon's Mom: Clarify Stand Your Ground Laws
- Media Fights to Open Trayvon Martin Shooting Files
- Zimmerman Trial: Trayvon's Friend Finishes Day 2 of Testimony
- 'Stand Your Ground' Law at Center of Florida Shooting
- Zimmerman Trial: Trayvon Martin's Father Testifies
- Justice Department Investigating Trayvon Martin's Death