Old George Zimmerman MySpace Page Surfaces
MIAMI (AP) - Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman has an old MySpace page where he made some disparaging comments about Mexicans and also referred to a 2005 legal scrape involving his confrontation with law enforcement officers.
The page mentions a seven-year-old domestic violence incident between Zimmerman and a former girlfriend and includes several photos.
Zimmerman discusses his hometown of Manassas, Va. He talks about Mexicans, in his words, messing with people's cars and pulling knives. No details are provided.
The 28-year-old Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 shooting of the 17-year-old Martin in Sanford. The case has sparked racial tensions around the country because Martin, who was unarmed, was black, while Zimmerman has a white father and Hispanic mother. Martin's family and supporters claim he was a victim of racial profiling.
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Ruling on Other Zimmerman Phone Calls
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Five
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Six
- Zimmerman Trial: Hearing Over Audio Experts Still Undecided
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Seven
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Rules on Audio Experts
- Zimmerman Trial Day 11: Opening Statements
- Zimmerman Trial: Day 12, Crime-Scene Evidence
- Zimmerman Trial: Family Members Testify As Defense Opens Case
- Zimmerman Trial: First Full Day For The Defense