Days After Election, Florida's Votes Finally Counted
Though he has already won re-election, President Obama can now claim victory in the state of Florida.
Media outlets have officially declared Obama the winner of Florida's electoral votes, giving him a total of 332.
Officials spent the last few days counting votes in three counties before making the announcement.
Though the Florida results would not have affected the final outcome of the election, there were concerns that the state would experience problems similar to the ones experienced during the 2000 election.
- Obama: Florida's Electoral Votes Make Nice Birthday Gifts
- Presidential Race Overshadows Florida Primary
- 4A's Do Not Endorse Any Candidate in Final Forum Before Election Day
- Florida's Flu Season Rated Moderately Severe
- Lopez-Cantera becomes Florida's First Hispanic Lieutenant Governor
- Florida Prepared to Play Kingmaker in Presidential Election
- Possible Changes in Florida's Capital Punishment System
- Gainesville Elementary School Makes a Learning Opportunity of the Presidential Election
- Obama Pressing for 'Buffett Rule' in Florida
- Tea Party's Yoho A Major Upset in Florida