METAIRIE, La. (AP) - Authorities have arrested a Florida man in Louisiana and charged him with two counts of first-degree murder.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office says 25-year-old Jamaal Jenkins was arrested by the U.S. Marshals Service Friday at a home in Metairie, about 5 miles outside New Orleans.
Jenkins was charged in the murders of Destynee Nekole Burkes and Tieyannie Hollis.
Investigators found 24-year-old Burkes dead in her room at La Quinta Inn in St. Petersburg in January. A week later 31-year-old Hollis was shot while visiting an apartment complex in St. Petersburg, about 10 miles from the hotel.
The U.S. Marshals Service fugitive task force worked with St. Petersburg law enforcement deputies and officers to develop information on his whereabouts.
- Marshals Find Fugitive
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Dixie County Fugitive Arrested
- Most Wanted Fugitive
- Fugitive Link To Mississippi State Death Arrested In Gainesville
- Wanted Fugitive Arrested
- New Hampshire Fugitive Arrested in Lake City
- Fugitive From Alachua County Captured in Wyoming
- Fugitive Couple Arraigned
- Obama to Visit Florida Over the Weekend