Shooting at Arapahoe HS in Littleton just south of Denver; at least 2 shot.
Ambert Alert Issued for Two Young Boys
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY - Police believe a Louisiana man abducted his two young sons early Wednesday after breaking into the Tampa area home of the children's grandmother and tying her up.
The boys were removed from the care of Joshua Michael Hakken and his wife, Sharyn Patricia Hakken, last year, and on Tuesday the couple's parental rights were terminated in Louisiana, according to investigators.
Hakken, described as an anti-government protester, is believed to be armed, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office in Tampa.
Investigators believe his wife is with him.
Florida investigators say the children were initially placed in temporary foster care after being taken away from the Hakkens last year after he was arrested on multiple drug charges.
At some point over the past few months, the children were sent to Tampa to live with their grandmother, Patricia Hauser, the mother of Sharyn Hakken.
Sheriff's investigators say Hakken entered Sharyn Hakken's mother's home Wednesday morning, tied her up and fled with the children in her silver 2009 Toyota Camry.
That vehicle was found later in the day just a couple of blocks away from the home. The sheriff's office said the children now could be in a black 2006 GMC pickup registered to Hakken.
Authorities said the abducted children are Chase Hakken, 2, and Cole Hakken, 4. Both have brown hair and brown eyes and were last seen wearing pajamas.
Investigators have brought in the FBI to help them track the family, who could have left the state of Florida by Wednesday afternoon.
- U.S. Issues Global Travel Alert Citing Al-Qaida Threats
- UF Issues Alert for New Phishing Scam
- Florida Sheriff Orders Review of Abduction Alert
- Zimmerman Trial: School Records at Issue
- Stay of Execution Issued for Convicted Killer
- Justice Department Finds Issues at Panhandle Jail
- Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death
- Man accused of neglect after leaving boy alone
- Fla. dog owner gets 10 years in boy's death
- Carnival: Boy drowns in pool on cruise