Flight From Florida Diverted To New York
NEW YORK - JetBlue says a Florida-to-Connecticut flight has been diverted to New York City after a mechanical warning light went on. The plane landed safely, and no one was injured.
Flight 1142 was headed Sunday from West Palm Beach, Florida, to Hartford, Connecticut, with 84 people aboard when the indicator appeared at around 1:15 p.m. An airline spokesman didn't have immediate information on exactly what the warning light signaled.
JetBlue Airways Corp. says the pilot decided to land at Kennedy Airport "in an abundance of caution."
Te Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says the plane taxied to a gate without any problems.
Maintenance workers are checking out the plane. Passengers are to be taken to Hartford on another aircraft.
- Gainesville Wants Direct Flights to New York.
- Passenger Attacks Crew on NC-to-Florida Flight
- Diverted Plane Lands in Miami to Check Pressure
- Weekend Problems At Gainesville Regional Airport Force Cancellations, Diverted Flights
- New York Family Still Recovering from Starke Crash
- New York Apartment Building Fire
- Frenchman Found Dead in New York Hotel
- New York Nanny Kills Children
- Police: Boston Suspects Planned to Attack New York
- New York City To Ban Large Sodas