RNC Committee Says It's on Track to Meet Goals
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Organizers of the Republican National Convention in Tampa say they are on track to meet their fundraising goal - but won't give out specific fundraising numbers or say what will happen if the goal isn't met.
The 2012 Tampa Bay Host Committee said Tuesday that the most recent fundraising benchmark was reached July 15. A report of all revenue and expenses must be filed in October.
During the 2008 RNC in St. Paul, Republicans set a fundraising goal of $58 million.
The convention will be held in Tampa Aug. 27-30. So far, the committee says it will spend around $20 million to retrofit the Tampa Bay Times Forum for the event, and $1.2 million on renting the Tampa Convention Center. Rent at the Forum has not been disclosed.
- Paul Supporters Say RNC is Blocking Festival Plans
- Crist Vetos 'Landmark' Energy Bill, Says It's Not Enough
- It's National School Bus Safety Week But Some Parents Say Their Kid Aren't Safe
- 12/31/12 Fitzness: Apps to Help you Meet New Year's Goals
- Never Say Never, Regas Woods Reaching Goals in Track
- As Residents Complain of Biomass Smell, Plant Officials Say It's Only Temporary
- New Study Says It's OK to Fail
- Head of Public Safety Says It's TIme to Retire
- Governor Scott Visits UF in Support President Machen's Goal of Becoming Top 10 University
- A Drug Known as"Molly" is Makes it's Way to Gainesville