RNC Committee Says It's on Track to Meet Goals
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Organizers of the Republican National Convention in Tampa say they are on track to meet their fundraising goal - but won't give out specific fundraising numbers or say what will happen if the goal isn't met.
The 2012 Tampa Bay Host Committee said Tuesday that the most recent fundraising benchmark was reached July 15. A report of all revenue and expenses must be filed in October.
During the 2008 RNC in St. Paul, Republicans set a fundraising goal of $58 million.
The convention will be held in Tampa Aug. 27-30. So far, the committee says it will spend around $20 million to retrofit the Tampa Bay Times Forum for the event, and $1.2 million on renting the Tampa Convention Center. Rent at the Forum has not been disclosed.
- Paul Supporters Say RNC is Blocking Festival Plans
- City Council Wants Guns Banned at GOP Convention
- Republican Event Kickoff Party Lineup Announced
- Tracking Down, "Undecided," Voters
- Jeb Bush Says He'd Consider Vice Presidency
- White House Says US, Afghans on 'Same Page'
- Obama Pressing for 'Buffett Rule' in Florida
- Crist Vetos 'Landmark' Energy Bill, Says It's Not Enough
- Tea Party's Yoho A Major Upset in Florida
- President Obama Talks Easy Pleasey Lemon Squeezy With TV 20's David Snyder