Nearly 1.9 Million Votes Already Cast in Florida
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - About 1.9 million Floridians have already cast ballots eight days before Election Day.
The Department of State said as of Monday morning, nearly 1.4 million people had cast absentee ballots and more than 500,000 people cast ballots in person during the early voting period that began Saturday.
The vote is nearly evenly split by party, with 784,444 ballots cast by Democrats and 774,304 ballots cast by Republicans. More than 307,000 ballots have been cast by voters who don't belong to either major party.
The total represents nearly 16 percent of Florida's 11.9 million voters.
- Florida's 29 electors set to cast votes for Trump
- Thousands Of Floridians Have Already Voted In General Election
- North Central Florida Residents Play to Win Near Record Mega Millions Jackpot Despite the Odds
- Residents are Already Hitting the Polls
- Florida Near Top in Advanced Placement Testing
- Florida Lotto Raises Millions for Education
- Florida Board of Governors Issue $20 Million in Funding
- Florida Set to Get Millions in Grants to Help Homeless
- Florida's Prison Chief Inherits Million Dollar Debt
- Florida earns $1.3 million from unclaimed property