Missing Sarasota Hunter Found in Pasco County
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - State wildlife officials say they've found the body of a hunter reported missing in the Tampa Bay area.
According to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, David Smowton was reported missing Monday. His brother told authorities that the 56-year-old Sarasota man had planned a hunting trip Saturday in the Green Swamp West Wildlife Management Area in Pasco County, but he had not returned.
Smowton had been hunting small game with a shot gun.
Officials said Tuesday that a state wildlife officer found Smowton's body about a mile from his vehicle.
The Pasco County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Remains found in canal believed to belong to missing couple from 1978
- Sarasota Man Takes Down Would-Be Robber
- Dartmouth Swimmer Drowns in Sarasota
- Missing Dogs Found at Phoenix Animal Rescue, Owners Say They Struggled to Get Them Back
- Missing Ocala Man with Alzheimer's Disease Found
- Human Remains Found In Backyard Believed To Be Missing Man
- Body of One Missing Gilchrist County Man Found Near Bank of Suwannee River
- Families of Missing Men Hope Both Will Be Found Alive
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County