Many state lawmakers think plans for the state's 12th university are a done deal.
Last week the senate approved a bill to take Polytechnical away from the University of South Florida system and make it a free-standing state university.
Now the house has to approve the deal.
Some senators say the people involved have come to terms with USF losing party of its campus.
House Speaker Mike Haridopolus isn't weighing in on the issue.
The University system's board if governors has already approved the split.
- Stabbing at Florida State Dorm
- Florida Prepaid open enrollment ends soon
- New Florida University
- University of Florida professor detained in Middle East
- Univeristy of Florida Police Officer Involved In Accident
- South Florida High Speed Car Chase
- James Franco coming to the University of Florida
- Florida Student Debt Average Lower Than Other States
- State Turns Down USF Request to Exhume Bodies
- USF Student Veteran Honored By National Group