Many state lawmakers think plans for the state's 12th university are a done deal.
Last week the senate approved a bill to take Polytechnical away from the University of South Florida system and make it a free-standing state university.
Now the house has to approve the deal.
Some senators say the people involved have come to terms with USF losing party of its campus.
House Speaker Mike Haridopolus isn't weighing in on the issue.
The University system's board if governors has already approved the split.
- Stabbing at Florida State Dorm
- New Florida University
- South Florida High Speed Car Chase
- Florida Student Debt Average Lower Than Other States
- State Turns Down USF Request to Exhume Bodies
- USF Student Veteran Honored By National Group
- One Man Multi-State Crime Spree Ends in Florida
- Florida Search and Rescue Team Prepares to Aid in Hurricane Relief
- Days After Election, Florida's Votes Finally Counted
- The Florida Highway Patrol Increases Patrols For "Staying Alive On I-75" Initiative