Couple Arrested Over Child Abuse
A Florida couple was arrested last Thursday, charged with caging a thirteen year old boy.
The boy's father, Marshall Michaels, was taken into custody by police in Titusville, Florida.
He and his live-in girlfriend face three counts of aggravated child abuse.
Police say the child was caged, strapped to a bed or locked in the bathroom for days or weeks at a time.
These events allegedly took place over the past year.
The boy was reportedly severely emaciated, and weighed just 40 pounds.
Four other children were living in the home. All of them, including the victim, have been removed.
- Couple arrested for abusing child with fractured ribs
- Lake City Man Arrested for Child Abuse
- Teachers Feared for Boy Police Say Was Abused
- Leesburg Deacon Arrested For Sexual Abuse
- Marion County Couple Accused of Child Neglect
- Online Child Sex Sting Nets 26 Arrests
- 132 Men Arrested In Child Predator Sting
- Police: Florida Couple Kept Boy 'Caged Inside Closet'
- UPD Officer Charged With Child Abuse
- Local daycare under investigation for child abuse