Couple Arrested Over Child Abuse
A Florida couple was arrested last Thursday, charged with caging a thirteen year old boy.
The boy's father, Marshall Michaels, was taken into custody by police in Titusville, Florida.
He and his live-in girlfriend face three counts of aggravated child abuse.
Police say the child was caged, strapped to a bed or locked in the bathroom for days or weeks at a time.
These events allegedly took place over the past year.
The boy was reportedly severely emaciated, and weighed just 40 pounds.
Four other children were living in the home. All of them, including the victim, have been removed.
- Teachers Feared for Boy Police Say Was Abused
- Police: Florida Couple Kept Boy 'Caged Inside Closet'
- Couple Arrested for Motel Robbery
- Couple Gets Married During Tropical Storm
- Florida Same Sex Couples File Suit Against Marriage Ban
- Mom Runs Over Child (Texas)
- Child Abuse Arrest
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested
- Special Needs Teacher Charged With Child Abuse
- Man Accused of Sexually Abusing 3 Year Old