Deputy Fatally Shot-Suspect
MELBOURNE, Fla. (AP) - The mother of a 19-year-old suspect in the fatal shooting of a central Florida sheriff's deputy says she's devastated by the slaying.
Pamela Kerchner told Florida Today her family knew Brevard County Sheriff's deputy Barbara Pill, who was fatally shot Tuesday morning. Kerchner's daughter, Andria and 22-year-old Brandon Bradley were arrested shortly after the shooting and face multiple charges. They're being held without bail.
Authorities say the suspects were fleeing a motel burglary when Pill stopped them. The deputy was shot when she ordered them out of the vehicle.
Pamela Kerchner told the newspaper her daughter has had minor run-ins with the law but she's "not a monster."
Friends say 52-year-old Pill had a passion for helping others. That say that quality led her to a law enforcement. career.
- Attempted Murder Suspect Shot by Police
- Deputy Involved in Fatal Shooting
- Keystone Heights Man Fatally Shot by ASO Deputies
- Two Tampa Bay Deputies Shoot Suspect Several Times
- Dock Fatality
- Fatal Police Shooting
- Fatal Shooting in Miami
- Fatal Electrocution
- FBI: Orlando Man Fatally Shot in Boston Bombing Probe
- Tampa Man Fatally Shot While On Phone With 911