Fatal Police Shooting
MIAMI LAKES, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a Miami-Dade police officer shot and killed a man who confronted them with a gun as they served a "high-risk" narcotics search warrant.
Miami-Dade police detective Roy Rutland says the officers went to a home in Miami Lakes around 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Rutland says officers went inside the house, where they were confronted by a man armed with a firearm. The man was shot and killed by officers. Rutland says the man was the target of the narcotics investigation.
The man's name has not been released.
No further details were immediately available.
Rutland says an investigation is continuing.
- Argument Over Texting Leads To Fatal Shooting Inside Movie Theater
- Fatal Shooting in Miami
- Police Officer-Shooting
- Deputy Involved in Fatal Shooting
- Man Guilty in Fatal Marion County Home Invasion Shooting
- Lake City Police Investigate Fatal Shooting
- Tampa Police Shooting
- Dock Fatality
- Deputy Fatally Shot-Suspect
- Fatal Electrocution