Internet Cafes Still Allowed
A challenge to Florida lawmakers: "see for yourselves."
House member Scott Plakon, who represents central Florida, was a sponsor of a bill to ban internet cafes.
The bill failed in the state senate and as a result, Plakon says the sweepstakes industry will continue to grow.
Plakon is challenging members to visit internet cafes before they return to Tallahassee for the 2013 session.
Another bill to regulate internet cafes also failed.
It remains in the hands of city and county leaders to decide where the businesses can operate.
- Attorney Found Guilty For Illegal Internet Cafes
- Florida Could Soon Ban Internet Cafes in Wake of Scandal
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida
- Gainesville Temporarily Bans Permits for All Internet Cafes
- State of the State Address
- Deadliest Days for Teen Drivers
- Scott Still Undecided on Florida University Tuition
- Governor proposes more funds for springs restoration
- Governor Scott to Sue VA
- Florida House Approves State Budget