Officer Killed in Line of Duty
People lined the streets of West Melbourne, Florida yesterday morning to pay respects to a police officer killed in the line of duty.
A hearse carrying Deputy Barbara Pill's body slowly moved through the streets as hundreds of her fellow officers stood in uniform.
The honor flag hung over the chapel where her funeral was held.
Governor Rick Scoot and Attorney General Pam Bondi were among those in attendance.
Pill was shot last week during a traffic stop after she pilled over two people suspected of stealing from a motel.
The two suspects are in custody.
- New law will aid families of officers and firefighters killed in line of duty
- Mourning the Loss of Officer Killed in the Line of Duty
- Tarpon Springs Officer Shot and Killed
- Florida Funeral Planned for US Officer Killed in Kabul
- Parents Arrested After Son Killed By Dogs
- Officers Fired for Drinking at Strip Club on Duty
- Off-Duty Deputy Charged with Fleeing Traffic Stop
- Cop Dies in Motorcade Duty
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- GPD Honored at The Capitol