Officer's Funeral in Melbourne
People lined the streets of West Melbourne, Florida yesterday morning to pay respects to a police officer killed in the line of duty.
A hearse carrying Deputy Barbara Pill's body slowly moved through the streets as hundreds of her fellow officers stood in uniform.
The American flag hung over the chapel where her funeral was held.
Governor Rick Scott and Attorney General Pam Bondi were among those in attendance.
Pill was shot last week during a traffic stop after she pulled over two people suspected of stealing from a motel.
The two suspects are in custody.
- Thousands line streets for slain officer's funeral
- Funeral Held For Bobby Bowden's Grandson
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- Hundreds Gather at Police Officer's Memorial Service
- Florida Funeral Planned for US Officer Killed in Kabul
- Governor Attends Funeral
- Texas Coach Accused of Giving Student Morning After Pill
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- GPD Honored at The Capitol
- Trayvon's Funeral Director: No Signs of Fight