WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a police officer shot and killed a suspect who had shot him in the shoulder at a West Palm Beach apartment complex.
The fatal shooting happened shortly after 10 p.m. Monday after police received reports from gas station about a man who had been shot in the face. The wounded man told officers he had been shot at the nearby Springbrook Commons complex and ran to the gas station for help.
The Palm Beach Post reports that as two officers in separate cruisers entered the complex, a suspect began shooting.
Police spokesman Allan Ortman says that officer returned fire, killing the suspect. He says the officer's injuries are not life-threatening.
The suspect's name was not released. Police continued investigating the incident early Tuesday.
- New Hampshire Shooting Kills Police Chief and Injures Four Officers
- Ocala police officer dies in accidental shooting
- Police: Gunman killed after shooting at FSU
- Fatal Police Shooting
- Lake City Officer Cleared in Shooting
- Tampa Police Shooting
- Univeristy of Florida Police Officer Involved In Accident
- New Orleans Police Officers Sentenced in Bridge Shootings
- Lake City Police Officer Shoots, Kills Armed Driver at DUI Checkpoint
- State Attorney Supporting Franklin County Sheriff's Office In Stand Your Ground Case