Mom Arrested After "Joke" Pic of Baby Found
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - Police say a young South Florida mother is accused of child cruelty after pictures were discovered of her 5-month-old daughter with a plastic bag over her head.
Twenty-year-old Courtney Shanvice McBride was arrested April 1.
Davie police say the baby's father called a relative after he received a photo in a text message from McBride. The relative called police, who say McBride cried and insisted the photo was a joke.
Davie Capt. Dale Engle said the photo showed the plastic bag completely covering the child's face and head.
The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports the child was in good health when the Florida Department of Children and Families checked on her. The baby and her 2-year-old sibling were placed with relatives.
A phone number for McBride was not available.
- Official tout "Safe Havens" after baby found
- Mom Says Woman Found After 11 Years is Doing OK
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- Teenager Arrested After Stealing Car with Baby Inside
- Mom, Aunt Of Georgia Baby Slaying Suspect Arrested
- Man arrested after decayed bodies of dogs found
- Florida confirms birth defects after mom gets Zika abroad
- Mom Arrested for Assaulting Teen Over Facebook
- Toddler Left in Vehicle Dies; S. Fla. Mom Arrested
- Missing Baby Found Buried in Backyard