12-Year-Old Boy Saves 4 Younger Siblings from House Fire
MILTON, Fla. (AP) - Officials are crediting a 12-year-old boy for saving his four younger siblings from their burning home near Pensacola.
Family members told the Pensacola News Journal that Justin Jackson ran back inside the smoke-filled home three times to rescue his three brothers and baby sister.
The newspaper reports the boy was the oldest person in the home when the fire broke out. His father was out of town on business and his mother was working a night shift at a nursing home.
The News Journal reports that the children lit candles after a thunderstorm knocked out electricity to the home Saturday night.
The boy had gotten all four siblings out by the time Milton firefighters arrived. They say the home was a total loss.
- Bullied 12-year-old Girl Commits Suicide
- 12-Year-Old Miami Gardens Girl Killed by Stray Bullet
- 12-Year-Old Hero
- 8-Year-Old Boy Set on Fire While Playing in Neighbors' Yard
- 9-year-old boy dies in Hog Valley fire
- 11 Year Old Boy From Wisconsin Saves His Money and Donates it to Police Department
- 71-year-old woman dies in house fire
- 13-year-old Gainesville Boy Sends Care Packages to Navy Seals
- Sheriff: Searchers recovered body of 2-year-old boy killed by an alligator at Walt Disney World
- 15-Year-Old Student Stabbed By 11-Year-Old