Child Injured in Children's Race Dies from Injuries
ST. PETERSBURG (AP) — Authorities say a 12-year-old who crashed in to a wall during a children's race at a central Florida race track has died.
The Tampa Bay Times reports Tyler Morr died Wednesday at All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg.
Officials say Morr was participating in an eight-lap "Kids Club" race at Auburndale Speedway in Winter Haven. The race is a regularly scheduled event for children ages 10 to 16.
According to the Polk County Sheriff's Office, Morr was traveling about 40 mph when his stock car collided with another and slammed into a wall.
The newspaper reports emergency crews had to cut the boy out of the car.
A hospital spokeswoman says the boy's family declined to talk on Wednesday.
- Force Sisters Visit Children's Hospital Before Race
- IHOP teaming up with Children's Miracle Network on National Pancake Day
- Child Run Over By Father's Truck and Dies
- Officer Dies From Injuries
- GPD Officer Dies From Injuries; Driver Has First Court Appearance
- Shands Children's Hospital Among Best in Nation
- Stop Children's Cancer Raises Awareness for Pediatric Cancer
- Gainesville Duck Derby Raises Money For Children's Support Agencies
- A Local Boy Named "Florida Champion" of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
- Man Shoots Cat During Children's Sleepover