GOLDEN GATE, Fla. (AP) - A 41-year-old southwest Florida woman is facing attempted murder charges after deputies say she set fire to her home.
James Lanham told deputies that he awoke shortly around 1 a.m. Sunday to find his wife, Lisa Lanham, setting their home on fire with a lighter. Another man who was living in a shed converted into a makeshift bedroom behind the residence also told deputies that he awoke to Lisa Lanham lighting his bed on fire.
The house and storage shed were in flames when deputies arrived. James Lanham was not injured. The other man received minor burns to his hands and feet.
Collier County Sheriff's deputies charged her with one count of attempted murder, two counts of arson of a dwelling, and one count of arson with bodily injury.
- Attempted Murder Suspect Shot by Police
- Man Shoots at Deputies, Charged with Attempted Murder
- Haitians in Custody after Failed Smuggling Attempt
- Attempted Cat Rescue
- Suspect In Disappearance Attempts Suicide
- Attempted Murder Trial Pushed Back, Defense Not Ready
- Attempted Murder
- Traffic Violation turned Attempted Murder
- Two Face Attempted Murder Charges In Brutal Beating Incident
- Lake City Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges, After Shooting Friend