Baby In Trunk
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida man was being held without bond in the death of a 1-month-old baby found in the trunk of a car.
Janus Saintil was being held Saturday at the Broward County jail on charges of murder, carjacking with a firearm or weapon, kidnapping, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and armed robbery.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says Saintil kidnapped the baby's mother, another female and a male adult Thursday. He allegedly left the adults in Port St. Lucie and returned to Broward County with the baby.
The baby's body was found Friday after Saintil parked the car next to a police officer. Coral Springs police Lt. Joe McHugh identified the baby as Saintil's son, Josiah Saintil.
Jail records did not show whether Saintil had an attorney.
- Human Remains Found in Trunk of Burned Car
- Body found in trunk of burning car
- Child's Body Found in Trunk
- Woman Sells Her Baby for a Truck
- Ten Month Old Baby Attacked By Pit Bull
- Father Abandons Baby at Strip Club
- Baby Born on Florida Highway
- 50th Annual Fine Arts Festival in Cedar Key This Weekend
- 62nd Florida Folk Festival This Weekend
- 13th annual Trick or Trunk Festival